Wednesday, August 30, 2006

10 Years is a Long Time

The ticket has officially been purchased.

August 30, 2006, I spent nearly $400 so that I might have the opportunity to judge and be judged at the 10-year R.L. Turner High School Reunion. Oh, yes, let the judging begin.

Sounds fun, huh? I don't really know what to expect, but I think it will be a good story at the very least. I think I will measure up ok, but it's comforting to know that I have this marathon training gig in my back pocket. I am not afraid to use it.

Speaking of that, I ran four miles yesterday in the searing heat, and that went well. I'm going to try to run three miles today. Then, tomorrow I get to run seven miles -- hooray!

I am as optimistic as ever. I also checked on my back up plan, which is to run the White Rock Marathon in Dallas on December 10. That means I will have over a month in additional time if I suffer anymore setbacks.

I was going to sign up, just so registration wouldn't fill up, but it doesn't look like it's necessary.

I am going to run a marathon, and it is going to be this year. I am going to run a marathon, and it is going to be this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home