Thursday, September 14, 2006

You're not going to believe this, but ...

My right leg hurts. I guess that's not unusual, because you can tend to overcompensate with your stronger leg, but it's getting sort of hard to ignore. And these beautiful Minton tiles on the floor of the Capitol Building are not exactly soothing.

Yesterday, I was scheduled to run 6 miles. It's finally getting cooler outside, so I was really pretty jazzed about running. I ate a bunch of ibuprofen and ran nearly seven. I was feeling pretty awesome.

This morning, it hurt. I have spent all day trying to analyze the hurt. What I have come up with is that it doesn't quite feel like shin splints. It feels lower down and completely in the back of the leg.

I was scheduled to run three miles today, but I'm going to bag that and ice and eat more ibuprofin.

So, let's not think about that anymore. I also have a cold or the like. So I'm just one big ball of fun!

In happier news, my lovely momma has paid for me to do a running workshop Saturday morning. It seems a little new age-y for my tastes, but it can't hurt, right? Anyway, it's something new, and that's pretty much what I am in the market for.

In sadder news, I'm sure you've heard about Ann Richards. We like to keep our banter running-related here at Daphneruns, but I just gotta tip my hat to a really cool lady.

Come on back tomorrow, I will post some links and generally make good cheer.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

How can you not love a lady who reminded us that Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only backwards and in high heels!

I want to know if chirunning works.

Friday, September 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home