Friday, July 07, 2006

My Friends Are Pro-Cancer Research

Ok, today’s post is daunting, because I don’t really know how to do justice to last night. The fundraiser was a huge and total success, and here are some points of evidence:

1. You guys seriously gave me $409.80. That is 200 Twinkies! It’s, like, 10 tanks of gas! It’s three months of cable! And it’s several gobs of cancer research! You rock so much. We should definitely stay friends.

2. I have received several emails today referencing headaches and fatigue - symptoms that seem to be somehow linked to all of the unbridled fun had last night.

3. All the CDs are gone! I demand feedback. Immediately.
4. I happen to know that that, last night, gossip was spread, fires were fanned, resolutions were devised and a fence was breached. Beat that.

5. Beers were served by the bucket. I can’t believe that I haven’t mentioned before how much I love beers in buckets.

6. One guy - let’s just call him S.H. - left his credit card behind. That is always, always a sign of a good night. (S.H., the number at the Zoo Bar is 232-4225)

By the way, I have decided to run the Marine Corps Marathon over the Nike Women’s Marathon in San Francisco. I need you fools cheering me on to finish this thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home